Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What I am Thankfull For !

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL !
I wanted to tell what/ why I am thankful for this year well its way better than last year .
Last year we had just moved into this apt . After being homeless for over 1 1/2 yrs living in motel rooms , making $15.00 a week over our weekly rent !
Fought like crazy for food stamps , you see I was working and deemed un entitled !
I made / was making $310.00 a week ( shh the rent was $295.00 ) I fought it and eventually I did receive the stamps .
Last year we finally got out of this motel room !
We had a home !
We had food !
We had each other !
We had the traditional Thanksgiving dinner .
We had the turkey , the sweet potatoes, the pumpkin pie .
What we did not have was ANY furniture at all !
I mean nothing !

We ate our Thanksgiving dinner off a box and sat on the floor !

We continued to sleep on the floor till just days before Christmas last year .
I struggled and called numbers , churches, salvation army tons of places begging them to please not let my boys wake up on the floor Christmas morning !

Got that all worked out literally like 2 days before Christmas , put this home all together in time for that big day !

The church who had helped me put together a collection for me to buy Christmas presents with.
Instead of using that money for toys and things I paid the rent for 1 year in advance !
I had already had the rent paid threw the first of the year !
I was determined to not be homeless again !
( due to issues with the racist neighbors I moved to the next building in Feb. of last year so my rent money from the church was paid till March 2010 )

Getting back to what I am thankful for this year the TABLE my family will eat at on Thursday !

FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE THANKSGIVING 2006 MY CHILDREN WILL EAT THANKSGIVING DINNER AT A TABLE !

You see once you have been in this place in life where you have nothing , its so hard to re-gain all that you had lost .
We had a 4 bedroom house with a huge yard
( lost that its gone )
I had the SOCCER MOM 2001 FORD EXPEDITION
( lost that its gone )
Big screen Tv's , Dvd's, Home Theater systems
( plural more than one lost them its gone )

We had it all till I left their Dad (June 9, 2007 )
you see I was sick of being someone's punching bag .
Now , here's life living it on my own !
It's not that I can't ask my parents .
( I ask them for help all the time )

They would love to help , then again I am sure they would love to STILL be alive to be with their Grandsons too .
My mom only got to see my oldest son & my dad never got to see the baby my PEANUT
( My RAY of SUNSHINE )

A year of struggling like crazy asking people for help cus' I lost my job !


Being told by people to just give up my kids , since I am having it hard to take care of them
( women from churches and social services)
TOLD ME TO JUST GIVE UP MY KIDS !
My kids THE ONE AND ONLY REASON I KEEP GOING ! !
BUT..... HEY !
I MADE 7 CENTS SO FAR FOR TODAY FROM ADSENSE !
SO FAR I'M AT $5.27 , NEED $100.00 TO CASH OUT
( how long ya think it will take me ?)

No comments:

Post a Comment